Thank you for reading or contributing to Winestyle.co.za, and for coming along to read the Terms and Conditions of this website.
This is where we lay out the policies for participating in, contributing to and the reading of Winestyle.co.za, as well as the Acceptable Use Policy.
By accessing this website, or by contracting with us, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this policy, as well as any other terms, conditions, rules or policies which are connected to the various elements of this website.
The purpose of this policy is to comply with the laws of the Republic of South Africa; to inform readers and users of our website what activities and behaviour are considered an unacceptable use of the website and to specify the consequences for undertaking such prohibited activities.
Winestyle.co.za respects the rights of our readers and users of our website to freedom of speech and expression; access to information; privacy; human dignity; religion, belief and opinion in accordance with the constitution of the Republic of South Africa.
We will not interfere with any of those rights unless required to do so by law; unless those rights are exercised for unlawful purposes; or unless the exercise of those rights threatens to cause harm to another person or to adversely affect other users/readers or the website itself.
The Winestyle.co.za website – and any subsidiaries thereof – may only be used for lawful purposes and activities. We prohibit any use of our website that violates any law or regulation of the Republic of South Africa.
Where any user resides outside of the Republic, permanently or temporarily, such user will be subject to the laws of the country in which s/he is currently resident and which apply.
You agree to abide by all applicable local, provincial, national and international laws and regulations and are solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur during your use of the Winestyle.co.za website.
Unlawful activities include:
1. Any violation of local and international laws prohibiting child pornography; discrimination (including racial, gender or religious) and hate speech; or speech designed to incite violence or hatred, or threats to cause bodily harm.
2. Any activity designed to stalk, harass or physically threaten any individual in the Republic of South Africa or beyond its borders.
3. Any violation of the individual’s right to privacy, including any effort to collect personal data of third parties without their consent.
4. Any fraudulent activity whatsoever, including the impersonation of another subscriber without their consent; or any attempt to enter into a transaction with Winestyle.co.za on behalf of another subscriber without their consent.
The following outlines activities that are considered an unacceptable use of the Winestyle.co.za website.
As a condition of your use of Winestyle.co.za you warrant that you will not use the website for any purpose that is prohibited by these terms and conditions.
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to:
1. Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of any user or reader of this website.
2. Publish, distribute or disseminate any unlawful material or information.
3. Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message.
4. Transmit or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots or any other harmful, destructive or disruptive components.
5. Transmit or upload any material that contains software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or any other applicable law.
6. Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent.
7. Engage in any unsolicited mass mailing activity including direct marketing; spam and chain letters for commercial or other purposes, without the consent of the recipients of those mails.
8. Use the Winestyle.co.za Blogs or any other user-generated posting forms to solicit business; advertise products, services, functions or events; or run competitions not sanctioned by the site’s editors. Please contact us for our rate card if you wish to advertise on Winestyle.co.za.
9. Interfere with another member or user’s use and enjoyment of the website.
Third Party Content And Sites
Winestyle.co.za offers access to numerous third party webpages and websites. You acknowledge that we have no control over such third party content or sites and that Winestyle.co.za is merely a means of access to them.
Winestyle.co.za moderates all of these services, or your communications, transmissions or use of these services. We do not undertake any responsibility for any content contained therein, or for any breaches of your right to privacy that you may experience as a result of accessing such spaces.
Winestyle.co.za does not permit links to third party sites that contain illegal download. Any such links that are posted on the blogs or forum will be removed by our Moderators.
Winestyle.co.za offers users the opportunity to register as either members of the website or as contributing authors to the blogging content of the website, or both.
By registering as a member or a contributing author you agree not to post any abusive, hateful, threatening or any other material that may violate any applicable laws or the rules of blogging, chatting or posting on the forums or blogs, as specified. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed).
The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.
You agree that the owners, webmaster, administrators and moderators of Winestyle.co.zahave the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic or post at any time should they see fit.
Winestyle.co.za does not warrant that the website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Winestyle.co.za does not warrant that the use or the results of the use of the website will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable.
You specifically agree that Winestyle.co.za shall not be responsible for unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data, any material or data sent or received or not sent or received, or any transactions entered into through the website.
You further agree that Winestyle.co.za is not responsible or liable for any threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive or illegal content or conduct of any other party or any infringement of another’s rights, including intellectual property rights.
While the administrators and moderators of the website may attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message.
Therefore you acknowledge that all posts and articles made on the website express the views and opinions of the author and not necessarily Winestyle.co.za (except for posts or articles by Winestyle.co.za staff) and hence will not be held liable.
You agree to indemnify and hold Winestyle.co.za harmless from any claim, demand, or damage – including reasonable attorneys’ fees – asserted by any third party due to or arising out of your use of or conduct on the website.
Winestyle.co.za may terminate access to any part or all of the website and any related service(s) at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, for any reason whatsoever.
Participation In Promotions
Any dealings with Advertisers on the website or participation in promotions, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, or in any instance where a user of the website negotiates an independent advertising deal for promotion on their weblog, or any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and the Advertiser or other third party.
Winestyle.co.za shall not be responsible or liable for any part of any such dealings or promotions.
Winestyle.co.za Sponsors and Advertisers may from time to time request no competitive advertising or sponsorships. In these instances contributing bloggers may not negotiate advertising deals with competitors, for the duration of the Sponsor or Advertiser campaign.
Winestyle.co.za undertakes to update the Terms and Conditions of this website whenever such a Sponsor or Advertiser request is made, for the duration of that campaign.